Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: Green screen bizness..

  1. #1
    Inactive Member shirt's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2000
    Posts
    274
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The whole skin tones thing is really not true. Most "blue" screens are green. Green and blue are used because they do not reflect light harshly, and they do not bleed. ie. Red.

    Just because skin is a redish colour, it still doesn't mean the actors clothes are not going to be a close blue, or similar colour to the screen.

    ------------------

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Crafty Banton's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 31st, 2001
    Posts
    45
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question


    I've never tried using a blue/green screen for special effects before, but I'm intending to do so soon. I'm filming in miniDV , the shot I'm considering is from behind a character as they open a door into a room.
    Screen will be behind this door, I'm intending to insert a backdrop the character can walk towards.....
    Is there a major difference between results from a green/blue screen? Which materials are well suited as a screen?
    Basically, I wonder if anyone has advice, things to watch out for.

    ------------------

  3. #3
    eddie
    Guest eddie's Avatar

    Post

    make sure that the screen is evenly lit and
    there are no shadows especially from the actor cast over it.
    You may have a problem with hair - can you make the actor wear a hat?

    I dont think there is much between green or blue. I understand they use blue because it has least in common with skin tones.
    Ive done red screen work, and the only problems I had really were a badly lit screen, a few shadows, and my object was quite complicated...hollow in places - which I dont advise.

    good luck

    ------------------

  4. #4
    Inactive Member Davis's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 13th, 2001
    Posts
    160
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I always thought you used green when someone was wearing blue, or blue if you had green in the shot. Shows what I know. But with a Quantel digital editing bay you can just turn the orange shirt purple. Man that machine is cool.

    ------------------
    "He who breaks a thing to discover what it is has left the path of wisdom."
    -Gandalf

    www.pmind.com

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •